Monday 11 April 2011

Featured designer - Lucy Farfort aka Lucy’s Happy Place!

This months market is fast approaching and we will be offering yet another amazing variation of artists and designers selling you their carefully crafted and bespoke wares! You can find us atThe Holy Biscuit in Newcastle on Saturday 30th April from 11am - 4pm, £1 Entry. 20 Stalls!
This week we have a quick catch up with first time vendor of DM, freelance illustrator Lucy Farfort, to give us a brief rundown on what we can expect to fnd her selling at this months market.

"I’m based in Newcastle Upon Tyne and work as a freelance lllustrator offering my services for logo design, web graphics, poster design and more. I’ve had a variety of clients from the Wellcome Trust to Monster Ceilidh Band. I also sell prints of my illustrations and offer a range of handmade goods.

My illustrative style is bold, colourful and quirky and my images begin as free hand pencil drawings which are then scanned into a Mac where colour, texture and pattern are added. I love fabrics especially vintage fabrics which feature heavily in my art. In terms of the handmade pieces I create, these are mainly textile products such as cases and pouches which are embellished with my illustrations adapted as applique designs.

You can view all my illustrations and my latest ventures on my website www.lucyshappyplace.com and i have an online shop based on Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/lucyfarfort

Aside from my online shop I also sell my work from a few shops in the North East including ‘The Arts Centre’ and Made In Newcastle a collectively run empty shop project based in the city centre of Newcastle.

This will be my first appearance as a stall holder at the Designers Marketplace and i’m really looking forward to it."


No comments: